About the Library
The Montague branch of the Siskiyou County Library system has been in existence since 1915. For over 40 years, the branch was located in a store owned by Charles Schock, who with his wife Huldah, managed the book collection as “custodian ”. In 1956, the library was moved to Stuart ’s Store where it remained until 1977 when it was moved to the renovated Montague School building. In 2000, the library was relocated to a larger room in the school, the old gymnasium. The Montague Library offers a nice selection of books, books on cassette, videos, CDs, and magazines for people of all ages. There is a copy machine and four computers for public use with word processing software and Internet access. The Montague Library staff and Friends of the Montague Library encourage you to visit the library to see what it has to offer.
Bookbags for sale: They are priced at $10 each. The 18″W x 12″H x 6″D bags are Burgundy and Gold (Montague Elementary School colors!) of heavy duty canvas with a bookworm logo.
New Jobs Board: Updated regularly and job seekers can use public computers without time constraints.
And this is the info on the Friends of the Montague Library:
Chairperson: Sherrill Moore
- Staff contact person: Deborah-Ann 459-5473
- Website: http://
montaguelibraryfriends.webs. com/ (link is external)
- Address: P.O. Box 466, Montague, CA 96064
- Meetings: Quarterly, January, April, July, October
- Dues: $5.00 per year.
- Purpose: To support basic programming and literacy,
and to provide funding for any additional projects or needs of the Montague Library.
LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS –
CLICK HERE TO VIEW FLYER FOR INFORMATION
Deborah-Ann B. Carlson
Hours: Tuesdays, Wednsday & Thursdays
Closed on Monday’s Fridays & Weekends